The heart of our success starts with a strong team with shared goals. At Gordon Advisors we prioritize the development of our team members. Our staff are given the opportunity to be exposed at the start of their career to client work not only in different service lines but also in a variety of industries. Our goal is to help our team members find their true passion and set their own career path – not have a career path defined for them.
Are you ready to start your journey?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tax Manager – Estate, Gift and Trust
The role will primarily be working on estate, gift and trust clients as well as overall tax client work.
- 8-10 years of relevant compliance experience specializing in estate, gift, trust and tax services
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other recognized business credential required
- CPA licensure required, Juris Doctorate degree a plus
- Lead multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax preparation, research, planning and consulting services for a variety of clients
- Review and prepare estate, gift and fiduciary income tax returns
- Perform Power of Attorney responsibilities for clients and follow-up with government authorities as required
- Perform estate research & tax analysis and document findings/conclusions
- Keep up to date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Supervise, delegate and develop estate/trust team
- Provide exceptional client service as well as develop trusted client relationships
- Generate new business and cross selling leads with existing clients
Full-Time Staff Accountant
- Prepare payroll tax, federal, state and/or local tax and basic personal income tax and business returns.
- Compile workpapers and other accounting reports for a variety of client entities and tax engagements.
- Understand basic tax issues and apply appropriate code and regulations to client situations.
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances and simple financial statements.
- Reconcile accounts to control accounts.
2021 Part-Time Winter Internship (Jan. – Apr.)
- Gain audit & tax experience by working directly on client engagements
- Learn to identify documents and their purpose (K-1s, W-2s, 1099s)
- Prepare & compile basic individual and personal property tax (PPT) returns
- Apply audit procedures and assist with documentation (e.g. cash, A/R, fixed assets)
- Become knowledgeable regarding components of financial statements
Come see the Gordon difference, where we believe in the spirit of our profession, and family! Email your resume to email@example.com.
Gordon Advisors is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Gordon will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters. Nor will Gordon require in a posting or otherwise U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency in the U.S. as a condition of employment except as necessary to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract.