Gordon Advisors, P.C., the fourteenth largest CPA firm in southeast Michigan has excellent career opportunities available for highly motivated individuals with excellent communications skills. We are an established and dynamic firm looking for the right people to grow with us in a team-oriented professional environment.
Here are the following positions we are currently looking to fill:
Gordon Advisors is conducting a search for a Tax Manager/Advanced Senior Tax Professional
• 4 year college degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Masters in Tax and CPA preferred.
• 3-7 years tax experience in public accounting.
• Corporation and Partnership tax experience required.
• Analytical and detailed with solid accounting and federal income tax skills.
• Ability to work independently, decisively and efficiently.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task under demanding conditions.
• Ability to supervise the work of others, providing direction, and overseeing their activities.
• Flexible team-player able to assist with work at multiple levels, as necessary, to meet formal deadlines and other requirements.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for hands-on review of key areas of Tax preparation including a variety of federal/state/International income tax accounting differences, including consolidated, unitary, combined, and separate company filings.
• Assist in analysis of business operations and tax implications to determine the appropriate allocation of state income tax liability, including tax credits.
• Monitor and incorporate impact of federal and state law changes in area of responsibility.
• Regularly and professionally communicate in verbal and written form with various levels of operating and accounting personnel, internal and external, to gather information, troubleshoot differences, resolve issues.
• Address all routine notices in verbal or written manner, as appropriate. Assist in responding to income tax audit inquiries, as needed.
• Research tax issues and assist in select tax planning projects.
The successful candidate will work toward additional opportunities and advancement. Gordon Advisors, PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Come see the Gordon difference, where we believe in the spirit of our profession, and family! Please email resume to
or fax to 248-952-0290.
Gordon Advisors is conducting a search for a Full Time Bookkeeper
Gordon Advisors, PC is looking for a full charge bookkeeper who can provide financial support to a variety of clients. The ideal candidate will be able to manage monthly activity, enter accounts payable and accounts receivable, prepare bank reconciliations, provide financial statement preparation and analysis, and prepare federal, state, and local tax returns.
- Manage all aspects of accounts receivable and payables, general ledger, financial statements and payroll
- Accounts payable will encompass the processing, scanning and cataloguing of all accounts payable transactions including bills, credit card charges and invoicing client bills, ensuring accuracy of each bill and proper classification
- Accounts Receivable will encompass the accurate posting and classification of the daily receivable transactions and maintaining accurate and comprehensive records of each day's transactions
- Process corporate bank account reviews and reconciliations
- General ledger maintenance
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- EOM and YE close routine
- Corporate tax payments and filings
- Prepare personal tax returns
- Use and implement QuickBooks for clients
- Minimum of 2 year's full-charge bookkeeping experience in the service industry working with contractors
- Preferred associate accounting degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with a CPA firm is a plus
- Professional presentation and conduct
- Must be responsible and self-managed, have excellent follow-up and tracking skills and be detail oriented
- Experience in QuickBooks is required
- Able to travel to client sites
Gordon Advisors is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Gordon will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters. Nor will Gordon require in a posting or otherwise U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency in the U.S. as a condition of employment except as necessary to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract.