You have worked hard to build your business, once you recognize you are ready to transition, you will want to ensure the financial security of your retirement as well as the continued well-being of your business by completing a succession plan.
Most business owners don’t fully assess the value of their company. While revenue is important, the value of your business has many other influential factors. Regardless of how you plan to transfer your company, proper planning for your business succession and exit strategies will ensure you maximize your financial return, minimize operational disruption and increase the likelihood of a successful transfer.
Planning for a business succession usually begins with a preliminary evaluation to gain an understanding of your business and ensure the succession plan will meet the objectives of your business and its owners. Once we have confirmed a succession plan will meet your objectives our professionals will guide you through our three-step process to develop your succession plan.
- Research to understand the goals of the owner, the owner’s family members, key employees and the business itself.
- Succession plan alternatives that consider a number of possibilities with regard to the individuals involved and the advantages and disadvantages of each alternative in terms of business growth.
- An implementation plan that details your succession plan with milestone dates. We monitor the implementation schedule, act as a liaison between the client and other parties, including bankers, attorneys, and investors and family members, and conduct training called in for the plan.
When you work with us, you will receive a team of people who are experienced with:
- Retirement Planning
- Succession Planning
- Business Valuation
- Profitability Enhancement Consulting
- Shareholder Agreements
- Tax Structuring
- Due Diligence
- Trust and Estate Planning
- The Buy-Side and Sell-Side of Business Transactions
- Income Tax Planning
- Estate Tax Planning